I love to have easy, on the go snacks. Something I can have real quick before a workout or an afternoon snack at work. But if you ever checked out the ingredients in your store bought granola bars or protein bars, they’re filled with a bunch of ingredients you don’t want in your body. So I started making my own.
I’m on a mission to make my own everything these days because it’s really important to me to know exactly whats in the food I eat. These bars turned out great, they’re healthy and filling and the possibilities for variations are endless.
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened applesauce or mashed banana (about 2 bananas)
- 1 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, etc)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp 100% maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp uncooked quinoa
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Optional: 1-3 tbsp chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- If peanut butter was in the fridge, you may need to melt it a little first.
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together well.
- Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread out evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool.
- Cut into 16 equal bars.
You may also like: