I really do try to eat all natural everything and stay away from processed foods. One of the things I couldn’t seem to find in stores without any preservatives, added sugars, and nasty chemicals I don’t want in my body was jam. But homemade jams can be a serious project, taking almost an hour of processing time. I love my PB&J so I had to find an alternative. So here is a super easy (and healthy) jam recipe. No boiling, no reducing, and no refined sugars! It only takes two minutes to throw everything together and than let the fridge do the rest of the work. Problem: solved.
- 1 cup strawberries (if frozen thaw first)
- 1 cup raspberries (if frozen thaw first)
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup (or honey)
- In a bowl mash berries well.
- Add in chia seeds and maple syrup and mix together very well.
- Place mixture in a glass jar and keep in fridge for at least 6 hours.
(Adapted from eatgood4life.com)
You may also like: