Mm cinnamon roll goodness.
I’ve eaten this for breakfast two days in a row now. And I’m still not sick of it. I’ve been on a serious oatmeal kick lately. There are just so many different ways to prepare it. Here’s is just another one of my brilliant ideas.
I used to work at Victoria’s Secret in the mall and would frequent the Cinnabon place. You know those things are almost 1000 calories each?! How did I not weigh 500 lbs? I don’t eat those anymore but I do really love cinnamon rolls (I mean, who doesn’t?). So I made a healthy gooey, cinnamon roll..with oatmeal.
Have you seen enough pictures of it yet? Are you sure?
Okay well now that you’ve seen how tasty it looks.. here’s how to make it:
- For Oatmeal:
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ⅛ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- For cinnamon Swirl:
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 1½ tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal and mix together very well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together all ingredients for cinnamon swirl.
- Pour half of the oatmeal mixture in a ramekin.
- Scoop half of the cinnamon mixture on top of it and swirl it through the oatmeal with a toothpick.
- Pour remaining half of oatmeal on top and spoon remain cinnamon mixture on top in a swirl pattern.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Than broil for 3-5 minutes (until edges start to brown).
Sorry, had to sneak one last one in…
You may also like: