There was a while in the summer when my boyfriend’s mom would give me a zucchini out of her garden. These were seriously the biggest zucchini I have ever seen. I would take it home and be determined to use the entire thing. So I would make zucchini everything. Zucchini brownies, zucchini and eggs, zucchini chips, zucchini lasagna, stuffed zucchini.. until the entire thing was gone. And than my boyfriend would tell me we weren’t allowed to have any zucchini for a while…
One of my favorite things to make with zucchini is zucchini bread. (with chocolate chips of course)
A great idea if you have a family member who isn’t fond of seeing green things in their food, puree the zucchini instead of shredding it. They’ll eat it right up and never know you snuck some veggies in their snack 🙂
- 1½ cups shredded zucchini (not packed)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour (or your choice of all purpose flour)
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1⅛ tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, apple sauce and zucchini and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, chocolate chips, and baking soda, mix well.
- Melt coconut oil and mix in with wet ingredients.
- Pour wet into dry and mix together very well.
- Pour batter into a large 9x5 inch loaf pan lined with parchment paper.
- Optional: sprinkle top of loaf with some extra cinnamon and chocolate chips.
- Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan and let it cool before slicing.
You may also like: