This should probably be a dessert, but I ate it for breakfast… What else is new?
I love my sweet stuff in the morning…. and the afternoon…. and the evening…
I’m going to go ahead and toot my own horn for a second and say that these taste absolutely AMAZING! I mean, you really can’t go wrong with cinnamon and sugar as far as I’m concerned.
Ready to try ’em out? Here’s the recipe
- 6 slices bread of choice
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup unrefined sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- In a medium bowl whisk together milk and egg, set aside.
- In another bowl, mix together cinnamon and sugar, set aside.
- Trim crust from the bread and roll out slightly with a rolling pin
- Spread butter (about ½-1tsp) on each slice of bread
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of cinnamon sugar mixture over butter
- Roll up bread, long ways.
- Soak each bread roll in milk and egg mixture.
- Heat pan to medium heat, melt coconut oil in pan to prevent from sticking.
- Place rolls in hot pan and cook until rolls are golden brown on all sides.
- Remove from heat and roll in the remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Serve hot plain or with syrup for dipping
*All nutrition facts are an estimate.
You may also like: