I love this recipe because it’s so quick and easy.
I am in an ongoing struggle of trying to figure out what to cook for dinner. I never know what to make. (I’m so indecisive) I created this by just throwing together some random things that I had in my kitchen. And the result was a healthy, delicious dinner. Don’t you love when that happens 😉
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup lentils
- ½ cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- ¼ cup chopped red pepper
- handful of spinach
- 1½ cups water
- grape seed oil
- all purpose seasoning
- 1 avocado
- Place quinoa and lentils in a saucepan along with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer until all water has been adsorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, warm up a little grape seed oil in a small pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic to pan.
- Saute until onions are caramelized, stirring occasionally.
- Add red peppers to pan and cook until soft.
- Add spinach to pan and just cook for for a minute until slightly wilted.
- Combine vegetables with the quinoa and lentil mixture.
- Season lightly with some pepper and all purpose seasoning.
- Serve with avocado slices.
- Optional: top with some Parmesan cheese
You may also like: