Here’s a great snack idea that’s healthy and sweet. These easy to make tasty bites are packed with protein. And they include chocolate!
Personally, I think everything should include chocolate 😉
Need an afternoon snack? A protein booster after a workout? Or are you just craving chocolate? Well checkout these chocolate banana protein bites, they’re your new best friend.
- 1 medium ripe banana
- 1 tbsp honey (or 100% pure maple syrup)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free old-fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powered (or protein powder)
- optional: dark chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mash up banana with a fork.
- Add honey and stir well, followed by chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Slowly add in oats, stir well.
- Add in cocoa powder slowly and stir very well.
- Mixture should start to bind together.
- Line a small cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Scoop out a rounded tablespoon and drop onto the wax paper.
- You should end up with about 12 bites depending on the size you make them
- Optional: you can add a view chocolate chips to the top of each one.
- Place in freezer for 4 hours. And than they're ready to eat.
You may also like: