Oatmeal is one of my favorite breakfasts. And I’ve been on a kick of finding 100 different ways to make it. Here’s way # 47:
Coconut cookie oatmeal. Because I like to have my cookies for breakfast. Here is why I love oatmeal: not only is it healthy for you but it’s also filling so you don’t end up hungry an hour after eating breakfast. And when you buy plain oats, you can flavor your oatmeal so many different ways, the possibilities are endless.
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut sugar (depending on desired level of sweetness)
- ½ cup gluten free rolled oats
- In a small saucepan on low heat, add coconut oil and let melt.
- Than add all other ingredients and mix together very well.
- Cook over low heat stirring frequently until oats have absorbed milk.
- Than it's ready to serve.
- Optional: top with some chocolate chips, coconut butter, or some more coconut milk
You may also like: