Eating healthy and gluten free doesn’t mean giving up all your favorite treats.
I have a serious weakness for baked goods. I could never imagine giving them up, so I decided to make them healthier. The best part about these muffins is you can make them a new flavor every time you bake them. You choose what you want to add in. You can add blueberries for a healthy breakfast muffin, or chocolate chips to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Ah, the possibilities are endless..
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (omit for sugar free)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup of your choice of add in (chocolate chips, blueberries, chopped apples, raisins, chopped nuts, etc)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl stir together the oats, flour, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and powder, coconut sugar.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, applesauce, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Pour wet into dry.
- Stir well.
- Gently mix in your choice of add in.
- Using a ¼ cup, pour the batter evenly into baking cups
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
You may also like: