I love coffee cake. But I cannot make an entire cake because I WILL eat it all. I mean… can’t let food go bad..right?
This is the perfect little dessert for two. Or you can eat the entire thing for breakfast by yourself if you’re like me….
Either way.. It’s low in fat and calories. And it’s gluten free! The recipe uses oat flour. You can buy it in stores or make your own oat flour like I do, click the link to learn how, it’s insanely easy.
It’s moist, sweet, and delicious… Ready to try it for yourself?
- For cake:
- 5 tbsp oat flour
- 2 tbsp gluten free rolled oats
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp milk of choice
- For streusel:
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp unsweetened applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients for cake.
- Add wet and mix until just combine.
- Pour half the batter into a 1 cup ramekin.
- Mix together all ingredients for streusel and sprinkle half the mixture over the batter.
- Pour other half of batter in the ramekin.
- Add remaining streusel to the top.
- Run a toothpick through the batter lightly to mix the streusel through a little.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
I seriously take 30-40 pictures of every recipe just trying to get the right shot. And that’s usually before I even get to taste it. I always hope that my recipes turn out well on the first try…because that’s an awful lot of picture taking.
You may also like: